To be able to take good photos means that you really need to pay attention to your surroundings and notice the things other people don’t see.
You know a good photograph when the first thing that comes to your mind is “wow, how come I never thought of that”. These tips are from the article over at youpic.
- A more expensive camera doesn’t make you a better photographer.
- You don’t have to take a picture every time you bring your camera to your eye.
- In photography, red + green + blue = white.
- Carry a compact camera with you all the time.
- Every picture you take is made of light.
- Shooting a object or scene from lower, higher or extremely close gives the viewer a new perspective on a familiar subject.
- Digital editing is an art form in itself.
- Don’t forget to live in the world you are photographing.
- Aperture controls depth of field.
- You cannot force a picture to be good.
- Learn from everyone, copy no one.
- Practice does not make perfect, it makes proficient.
- Shadows can be subjects.
- Tripods are extremely useful for both interior and exterior shooting.
- Shutter speed controls motion in your picture.
- Black and white photography is a totally separate art form.
- If photography isn’t fun, you are doing something wrong.
- If you miss a shot, it is gone.
- If your camera is out of the bag, your lens cap should be off.